Breathing well, breathing clean air, is long associated with thinking clearly, perceiving well. For this meditation, consider the following questions. Because they are open ended and may take more time to ponder, this devotional will be shorter to read! You might find that jotting down your responses helps with the process.
- The ideas that guided the first third of my life so far are . . .
- The ideas that took the place of those early guiding ideas in my life are . . .
- Right now, the ideas that are most on my mind and which I give most of my attention to are . . .
- One idea that has continued to appear in my mind over the entire course of my life so far is . . .
- If my life were to end soon, the single most important idea that I would want to leave with my friends and loved ones, perhaps even with the world is . . .
- Knowing that the only time I have is always right now, the idea that I want to work with today is . . .
Read or think back over the responses you have given to these “starters.” Whatever you have said or written, these are your points of departure. May we each journey well today.