What you will need for this practice:
- A small piece of paper
- something to write with
- a match
- a small bowl or pan
Take a moment to get yourself quiet and centered.
- Let your body settle into a calm and comfortable posture.
- Allow yourself to notice your breathing–not controlling it, but noticing it.
- After a few minutes you should notice a calm presence in yourself.
- From within this space, ask yourself what things you are attached to that you KNOW are ready for you to release and let go of. Just pose the question to yourself: what is it time to let go of?
- As things come to mind, write them on the paper. It might be one thing. It might be several.
- When you feel that you are done, consider what you have written down, and with your imagination begin to see what letting go of them means.
- Once you feel the sense of letting go of the items, put your paper in the bowl, take the match and bowl outside, and light the paper.
- Watch the paper burn and say aloud: I let these things go.
In the moments after the final bit of paper has burned, be open to what your next steps are. They will come to you.