Our daughter has maintained a connection on social media with the mentor of her sorority pledge chapter at UGA from 2012 who is now the director of youth and young adults at a Presbertyerian Church – Margie Quinn. She received her B.A. in Women’s Studies at the University of Georgia. She then moved to Seattle, Washington for a few years to work in homelessness advocacy. She pursued her Master of Divinity at Duke Divinity School and received her M.Div in the spring of 2019, with a concentration in Preaching and a certificate in Gender, Sexuality and Theology.
Here are some sticky note threads from a conversation with the kids at her church.
- How Did All the Animals Fit on the Ark?
- Will people that don’t believe in God go to Heaven?
- How do you know if you are going to heaven or hell?
- There really is no hell because ALL of forgiven, right?
- Everyone says God loves you not matter what .. but what about everything you have to do for him to accept you?
- Is Christianity one big cult?
- What if we are the wrong religion?
- Was there every really a beginning?
- Is there politics in heaven?
- Who came up with the idea of God?
I am here to say I do NOT have the answers to these questions but just to acknowledge that these are GREAT questions and finding answers to any of them will make for a fantastic spiritual journey…and it might just change everything.